Heavy Sledding is the seventh episode of F is for Family, and the first episode of the second season.
Frank struggles to keep it together while unemployed as Sue is forced to make money for the family. Meanwhile, a snow day involving sledding leads to a series of unfortunate mishaps.
Extended Plot Edit
- Title Reference: The term meaning rough and difficult conditions, which is currently what Frank and Sue are going through. The title also refers to Maureen undergoing a rough experience while sledding.
- Haley Reinhart is now billed in the opening sequence alongside Bill Burr, Laura Dern, Justin Long, Debi Derryberry, and Sam Rockwell.
- Frank sunk into depression after losing his job.
- Kevin finally learns about how he nearly drowned as a toddler.
- Bill seemingly no longer fears Jimmy Fitzsimmons.
- Ginny got back together with her husband, Greg, who still seems to be unattracted to her.
- Claire's name is finally said in the show.
- Kevin's high school is called Huey Long High.
- Frank's first name is revealed to be Francis, though the X for his middle name has yet to be known.
- Kevin is revealed to have aquaphobia.
- Vic has a steady girlfriend for the first time in the series.
- This is the season 2 premiere.
- This episode takes place 3 weeks after the events of the previous episode, and since the events of the previous episode take place on December 24, 1973, that places the events of this episode near January 14, 1974.