Landing The Plane is the Season 2 finale of F is for Family.
Frank and the airport staff initiate their plan to get rid of Scoop, until African-Americans attempt to hijack the plane and Frank finally realizes that he'd been taking Sue for granted. Meanwhile, Sue's salad tosser idea is pitched, only for her boss, Henrietta Van Horne, to take full credit for it.
Extended Plot Edit
- Title Reference: The double meaning of Frank trying to get his old job back and the expression "land the plane", which means to get to the point.
- Frank finally realizes that he hasn't been around for Sue and vows to make things right.
- Frank pawns the color TV to reclaim the locket he gave to Sue after she traded it for money.
- Vic starts to get himself off of drugs.
- As Frank and Sue discuss their situation after the incident at the airport, they realize that it's the perfect chance for them to pick up where they left off before Kevin's birth.
- Sue can return to college and graduate.
- Frank can finally go to flight school.
- Woman Terrorist: We have a bomb in this suitcase, and we will use it!
- Roger: I'm the CEO of the airline. Let me talk some sense to these people. (shouting on megaphone) WHAT ARE YOU F*CKING ANIMALS DOING ON MY AIRPLINE!?
- Frank: Mr. Dunbarton no!
- Roger: MURPHY?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU SHAMROCK SH*TTING PET HOARDER?!
- Frank: F*cking up my life, sir.
- Police Officer: This is you last chance! You've got 10 seconds to give up, or we'll be starting the plane!
- African Terrorist: And you got 7 seconds before I'll blow this place the f*ck up!
- Police Officer: Well then we'll do it in 5.
- African Terrorist: THIS AIN'T NAME THAT TOO MOTHERF*CKER! (grabs Frank) :I'M GOING TO START SHOOTING HOSTAGES ONE AT A TIME! (points gun at Frank) Go ahead, say your prayers.
- Frank: Nah I don't think so.
- Rosie: Frank what the F*CK!
- Frank: Buddy if you shot me now, you'll be doing me a favor. My wife hates me for good reason (all bystanders gasp). I haven't been there for. The only right decision I ever made was marrying that woman. I spent the last two months throwing it all away.
- Sue: Oh Frank.
- Citizen: Who the f*ck is this guy?
- Frank: This morning she gave me one last chance to fix this. I should've said I was sorry. But I think she's a great woman, a wonderful mother, and an absolute animal in a sack,
- (Bill throws up)
- Frank: ...but I blew it. I'll tell you what, let all these other people go, they've actually got something to live for. That's for me, I deserve a bullet to. So go ahead just shoot me.
- (The African terrorist then feels sorry for, but he shot Frank instead)
- Frank: JESUS CHRIST YOU F*CKING SHOT ME!
- African Terrorist: Anybody moves, the next one's in his head!