Saturday, Bloody Saturday is the second episode of Season 1.
Frank takes Kevin to work for a lesson in proper education; Bill gets himself in a pickle when Maureen rebels against him. Sue breaks down, feeling unsatisfied with her life.
- Title Reference: The classic rock song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2.
- First occurrence of the running gag of Frank threatening to "put somebody through that fucking wall".
- Kevin: How can you watch this? It's barbaric.
- Frank: (impressed) It's art. Beautiful, beautiful art.
- (Asian character on TV: Agh. My skin is bubbring.)
- Frank: (smug) Hey, I got an idea. If you don't like this, go to your room and watch what you want on YOUR TV. Oh, that's right! You don't have one 'cause it's my f*cking house, ha-ha!
- Kevin: Ah, that's real funny dad! You know what else is funny?
- Frank: Aside from your haircut, what?
- Kevin: This! (throws Frank the TV catalogue)
- Frank: (shocked) Bella Abzug!?
- Kevin: No. (pulls out his failure notice) This!
- Frank: I need you two to play nice, and don't get into any trouble. (to Bill) And I am putting you in charge of your sister today. You got that?
- Bill: Yep.
- Frank: Okay, if anything bad happens to her, I want you to call me at work. Okay, buddy?
- Bill: Sure, dad.
- Frank: Good. 'Cause then, I will come right home, and I will put you through that f*cking wall.