Vic is voiced by Sam Rockwell.
Vic attracts a variety of young women, and they can often be seen in and around his home. He is also often seen using drugs, in particular cocaine and marijuana. it is later revealed he is addicted to cocaine, and uses it to numb his anger and depression. He works at a local radio station as a promoter and marketing manager.
In O Holy Moly Night it is shown that Vic is sometimes jealous of Frank because he doesn't have a family of his own. He thinks Frank is a good father to his children, but tells him that family life is not where he belongs.
Vic has a very simplistic world-view, and is unaware of the financial struggles of the Murphys and anyone else. He is naive, and often trusts people who wind up betraying him or going behind his back. He also doesn't catch on to Mr. Holtenwasser's description of living through the holocaust. Instead, he assumes he is talking about a party.
Related to this, despite being a friendly person, he does not seem particularly good at picking up social cues. He doesn't notice Frank dislikes him, that Babe is attracted to him, or Kevin's sudden emotional distress.
In Season 2, Vic has found a new girlfriend in a woman he always calls Cutie Pie. He often described her as the only thing keeping his life together, and the love of his life. He was eager to start a family with her. However, his busy work schedule and drug abuse lead to him often neglecting her.
Even still, the two did not have a healthy relationship, and Cutie Pie's attraction to Vic was never shown to go beyond a sexual one. She was often irritated by his antics, which Vic never seemed to notice. Vic also seemed to take her expected domestic duties too far sometimes, such as having her check his stool for blood. Cutie Pie, in turn, did not seem to care about Vic's overall well being, and enabled and encouraged his reckless overuse of cocaine. She is also annoyed by his friendship with teenagers; Kevin, Lex and Bolo, and did not express any desire to be the mother of his children.
Vic's friendship with Kevin takes on a nurturing and slightly paternal role, with Vic encouraging Kevin's dream of being a musician. Vic tells Frank he feels as though he is making a positive contribution to society by doing this, and that he wants to be a role model to Kevin.
It's also noted that his cocaine addiction has gotten worse as it's made him clueless to the point where he doesn't realize that he was fired from the radio station, and he isn't aware of the fact that Cutie Pie had been sleeping with his friends, including Skeeball and Kevin. When Kevin makes this revelation, Vic snaps. He obviously feels betrayed by Cutie Pie, telling her that he trusted her. His anger in this scene is clearly directed at her, and not Kevin.
After this is all revealed to him, he begins to lighten up on the drug abuse and attempts to sleep off his cocaine binge.
Vic was a victim of sexual abuse when he was around Kevin's age, perpetrated by his mother's friend Mrs. Anderson. When he finds out what happened with Kevin and Cutie Pie, he tells Kevin that it wasn't his fault, trying to explain how an adult woman can take advantage of a teenage boys new-found sexuality. Though, he is not able to put it very eloquently, he is at least able to alleviate Kevin's guilt and self loathing.
- His look is inspired by the character David Wooderson from the film Dazed and Confused.
- His phone number is 412 6967
- He has a pet iguana.
- He likes Mac and Cheese, but the curly noodles make him dizzy.
- Vic resembles Hulk Hogan.
- Sue's boss, Vivian Saunders, was once Vic's lunch lady when he was in high school, and the two of them apparently had sexual relations back then.
- He has an exceptionally large wang
- Although he admits to a gram a day cocaine habit, this is an underestimation, there are several instances of him snorting a gram in one sitting. For example, off his car's steering wheel while driving. In "O' Holy Moly Night" he snorted an entire sandwich bag
- Cannot remember being fired from his job. As of the end of season 2 he has been fired 5 times, he simply keeps coming into work. He even forgets this last time, saying to Kevin "I'm worried about loosing my job". This is likely due to his drug abuse making his memory poor.
- Keeps several sandwich bags of cocaine in his desk at work.